Forum / Forums / Rate My Team / [PB] Falling Down Like Bowling Pins (ft. Hacker)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • CyanChimera
    Participant
    5 pts
    @cyanchimera

Ok so I’m back with a new Point Battle RMT (non-weather related this time) with my good friend @hackertrouble

300 (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    – Swords Dance
    – Return
    – Quick Attack
    – Close Combat / Earthquake

Ok so to start off we decided to use Mega Pinsir as we liked the look of it against some of the common teams in the meta. A standard SD, Return, Quick Attack + EQ/CC was our set of choice to best take advantage or aerilate and still be able to hurt steel types that attempt to wall. Close Combat is our preferred choice although EQ can still be useable.

200 (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    – Defog
    – Nature’s Madness
    – Moonblast
    – Taunt

Next, we decided that we needed a defogger to support pinsir and settled on tapu fini with its respectable 75/115/130 bulk. Nature’s madness is good chip halving opponents hp, moonblast provides a useful offensive move and tuant is useful to stop trick room from being set up and other annoying status moves. The evs allow fini to outspeed jolly azumarill and tank hits from physical attackers.

100 (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    – Ice Shard
    – Icicle Crash
    – Earthquake
    – Stealth Rock

With our team looking electric weak we decided that we should pick up an electric immunity next and with 500 points already gone we decided that with access to rocks and good STAB option off a base 100 Attack that we would with Piloswine (before djok starts going off on a rant about my excessive love for Piloswine I’d like to point out that hacker suggest this). Anyway we decided to go with rocks, dual STAB and priority on Piloswine with a specially bulky set to be able to deal out good damage whilst not taking too much damage ourselves.

150 (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 1 Atk
    – Hidden Power [Fire]
    – Volt Switch
    – Flash Cannon
    – Thunderbolt

With both a steel type and an electric type high on our agenda we decided to go with magneton with the ability to trap and kill scizor with hp fire and deal out good hits with its STABs, scarf ensuring that it outsped some threats to it like landorus.

150 (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    – Seed Flare
    – Earth Power
    – Dazzling Gleam
    – Synthesis

A grass type was next on our list and at only 150 points shaymin seemed too good to be true. We settled on an offensive life orb set with synthesis for recovery to be able to dish out strong special hits with dazzling gleam and earth power to hurt those resisting seed flare.

100 (Emboar) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Reckless
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    – Flare Blitz
    – Wild Charge
    – Head Smash
    – Superpower

Lastly we settled on cb emboar to just decimate walls to allow pinsir to get late game sweeps. Emboar’s coverage ensures that very little will want to take a hit from it and it is not to be messed around with.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this team and for those of you who are lazy here is the importable

Hacker
    Participant
    1 pt
    @hackertrouble

🙂

togkey
    11 pts
    @togkey

Tapu Fini is 300 points and Head Smash on Emboar is redundant coverage; use Sucker Punch for priority.

SeniorGibus
    Participant
    1 pt
    @seniorgibus

fini is 200 cause whoever tiered this is sped, correct me if this way changed

flamz the god
    Participant
    1 pt
    @flamz

really cool team buddy, now gonna give it a try and see how it peforms, one of the better teams i have faced on ladder tho well done im impressed! :]

Cryoam
    Participant
    @cryoam

I like it, it just seems to have a pretty big ground weakness. A garchomp or a mon with a strong eq will cause a bunch of problems, or even something like scarf krookodile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.